Tuesday, November 18, 2014

TWISTS AND TURNS-EPISODE 4




Episode 4

Tamuno turned to Iye with an angry look, she had obviously forgotten where she was until she saw Osas handing over a small gift bag to Bukky. “This guy is really dubious”, she thought; how come she had not noticed the gift in his hand? And the meek Bukky was busy staring at the bag with surprise, she was obviously missing something but she couldn't place her hand on it.
 "Collect it now, or why are you staring at it that way", Tamuno said in an irritated tone. "You should learn to mind your business okay?" Iye replied her.
Bukky sat gently on the bed. She collected the gift slowly and her eyes never left his face. He had that rakish smile still intact and she could feel the butterflies in her stomach. "Why am I feeling intimidated huh? Why did he place an embargo on our relationship? What happened to unconditional love ehn?" she screamed loudly in her head. She slowly placed it on the bed but knowing how busy bodied and sometimes shameless Tamuno could be, she trapped the gift and turned it over on the bed before anyone could stop her and even Osas was taken aback by her behaviour. Bukky's face felt really hot with embarrassment. Everybody's eyes popped in surprise as they saw the content on the bed.
 "Oh my God!" , Tamuno exclaimed. "Girl this is hot, I never knew you’ve gone way ahead of me in this game. What! This is the prettiest Victoria's secret bikini I have seen; imagine the perfume too, this must have cost you a fortune Osas." Tamuno said in her busy bodied tone. Bukky felt like entering the ground. Her pulse picked a faster pace, her temple had some sweat beads forming already. She couldn't believe the humiliation in front of her friends, which meant he would gladly tell the whole world what happened if she had slept with him.
Tamuno busied herself checking the stuff out but Iye was boiling in anger.
 "Osas or what do you call yourself, I think it’s time for you to go. I believe some things should have been done in private, at least give the girl some credit for Christ sake. I don't care about your relationship with my friend but I warn you to stay clear if you don't have her interest at heart." "Iye please let me handle this, I beg you." Bukky said looking embarrassed. "I doubt if you can, sweet heart I want the best for you and thus guy might be rich and sweet but he is definitely not a gentleman. Osas I beg you to leave now please. I wouldn't want to do anything stupid and don't try my patience."
"Bukky, why are you living with these crazy women huh! You should come with me now. I am just keeping quiet because of you. You’d ask your friend to tame her tongue or else..." "Or else what!" Tamuno cut in. "See forget the fact that I am acting weird, I am not a fool okay and like Iye said maybe you should go now. Bukky is too good for you, you are just a player. See I have seen the ugliest part of life but this girl here is still sweet and innocent and even if she goes hay wire, it wouldn't be with you, now get out." She ordered angrily.
Bukky already had tears in her eyes. "Ladies please stop talking to him like that, he is a nice person, it’s just a little misunderstanding that's all. Osas I’m soo sorry, my friends are not always like this okay? They are just being over protective of me that's all. Baby can we just go out and discuss this?" she said holding his hand but he shoved her away angrily.
"How dare you touch me here when you let your friends humiliate me, I warned you not to discuss our relationship with outsiders but it’s obvious you don't listen. I was thinking of giving you another chance but I really think it’s time to say good bye." "What! Oh common baby, why are you punishing me this way, you promised to love me no matter what, why are you doing this? Can't we start all over again?" she begged; but Iye was becoming impatient and Tamuno was in the mood to break someone's head.
"You lost your chance, I thought by now you should have more sense but it’s obvious you are still living in the analog generation. Life is digital and I have no business with you, keep the gifts, you might need them some day okay. I need a woman that keeps me going not a bore like you." Bukky stifled a cry that was about to erupt from her throat. Her vision was clouded by the tears in her eyes. She was oblivious of her surrounding and the next thing she heard was his car leaving with a screeching sound and her room mates cursing especially Tamuno.
Iye rushed to her side and wrapped her arms around her and the pent up tears fell in a torrent. Tamuno was not the emotional type. She had more of action in her. She had lost the softness to life's issues.
"God saved that boy. I thought he was a good man but then how could I have forgotten that good men exist only in novels. Bukky never you allow an abusive man into your life again. That guy would do anything to get what he wants, I hope you are not foolishly thinking he loved you? Well, you better not o. Advise him not to come here because I will break his head if he comes." Tamuno said fuming in anger. "Oh please, don’t talk like that. I know he’ll still be back, I know he loves me."
"What?!" They echoed in unison.

To be continued…

Find out what happened next as the story continues next Tuesday. Meanwhile, you can read older episodes below.
 
Episode 1 2 3


  Pheobe Omiwole is a motivational speaker and a talented writer who uses her pen and voice to affect the world and the lives of men. She also has a personal blog where she writes really inspiring stuff. Check out her blog on  http://www.pheobeomiwole.WordPress.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment