Friday, May 23, 2014

Is Love Enough to Keep a Relationship???



Things are not always what they seem; some things can only be learnt by experience.
I once had an argument with some folks on this matter and believe me; it was very eye-opening. If we decide to have this argument again-this time online-you’ll hear a lot of mind blowing thoughts that will be both interesting and hilarious. So my question to you this day is this: “is love enough to keep a relationship”? Mind you, I’m talking of love in the context of male-female dating relationships. I’m going to be asking a lot of questions today. Why? This post is more like an opinion poll of people’s thoughts and answers. I’ll give you my answer here. But I’ll need you to also give your answers to the questions in this post in the comments section. Be as honest as possible while answering and please, no foul language, name calling or bashing so we can all learn from one another.
Here’s what I think



Love! Love!! Love!!! Everyone loves to be loved and to be in love (me too *wink*). Love is one of the key ingredients in a relationship. Most times, we think along these lines: “as long as I love him and he loves me, that’s all that matters”.  Really? No-no, I mean seriously? On the surface, this appears true to some extent. But if you look closer, it will amaze you that love is actually not enough to keep a relationship. Just like preparing fried rice, for example, requires not only rice itself but other necessary ingredients, a relationship requires more than love to survive and thrive. Have you ever loved someone but despite that, the relationship just wasn’t working? I mean, you both felt strongly for each other but had to call it quits because of other “issues”? In case you haven’t, ask around and you’ll discover that these things happen. Don’t get me wrong; love is actually a key ingredient in any relationship but love alone isn’t enough to keep a relationship together.  So what other things are required to hold a relationship? You’ll need forgiveness, understanding of what it means to be in a relationship, wisdom to know how to act, maturity, sensitivity, compatibility, and many more. See my earlier posts Hallmarks of Maturity and 5 Things You Need To Understand About Relationships for more details.
Now, It’s Your Turn
As I said earlier, this post is more of an opinion poll. Let’s have your views on this matter; answer the questions below in the comments section.
1  1. Is love enough to hold a relationship together?
2   2.  Give reasons for your answer.
3   3.  If love is not enough, what other things do you need?
4  4.  Have you ever loved someone but the relationship crashed, despite the “love”?
5    5.  What did that experience teach you?
Your time starts now. Happy commenting! Lol
P.S: Thank God it’s Friday (finally, phew!). Have a sweet weekend. Tomorrow, I have a ladies conference to attend in Gwagwalada, Abuja (Nigeria) and I’ll also be speaking there. It’s gonna be awesome. Check out the flyer below.
Don’t leave this post without answering the questions, Okay! xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking time to read sir. Don't forget to recommend and share the blog with those in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure Grace, I have been collecting blogspots that are regularly updated, and are related to human relationship skills and I found your blog informative, insightful and is of my interest. So, I have included your blog in my blog's homepage (Please visit my profile to visit my blog). If you find my blog interesting and focused, I kindly request you to include it in your blog's homepage. That way, both of us mutually benefit and can share our expertise and knowledge to the world. Additionally, I will track all your blog posts and include your relevant posts in my posts. I'm privileged to build long term blogging relationship with you for many more years to come. Eagerly awaiting for your reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sir. I like the idea of this kind of blogging relationship. I tried opening your blog from your profile but It's giving me an error message. Could you send me a direct link here? I noticed from your profile that you do a lot of business related talk. I look forward to reading your posts and sharing your blog on mine.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Grace for your cooperation. visit. ipersuade.blogspot.com and you'll find your blog link at the bottom of my homepage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. NO
    2.To me, Love is more like thd foundation and the roofing of a house in a relationships. You can just av ur Foundation and put a roof over it and say u av built a house.
    3. Tolerance and Trust.
    4.Yes. And very fresh in memory
    5. Yes Love is d basis, bt time has to be spent in understanding eachother esp. Ur weakness. Thus you learn hw to tolerate and understand actions( that this is wat this means and nt dat.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to answer. Your answers have been quite insightful.

      Delete