Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Twists and Turns-Episode 5


Episode 5

 Iye rubbed her face as she took a last glance at the mirror. She smiled in satisfaction at herself. Her long gown was just the perfect size for her. She didn't want to look too flashy neither did she want to look needy but she loved the simple but sweet look she had achieved. She turned to her friends. "How do I look?"
"Well I thought you wouldn't ask but trust me I would have commented. So tell us, who is this guy you are trying to look perfect for and hey! Is that a stint of blush on your cheek, wow! She has totally fallen for him." Tamuno said laughing. Iye shook her head and smiled. "Tamuno, one problem you have is that you assume a lot and most times your assumptions are wrong and usually they leave you in regrets."
"So who are you doing all these for?" She asked eagerly.
"Tamuno have you forgotten that she goes to see her daughter every last Tuesday of the month and today is her birthday so she needs to be happy and look good." Bukky explained and Tamuno's shoulders drooped.
"Oh my God! I am so sorry! Wow, happy birthday to her. Why didn't you tell me so I could get my gift ready huh! Well I only wish for you to have a man that will take care of you not that jerk. He does not deserve anything good in his life and...”  Tamuno!!! Thank you ehn, please stop the insults I beg. You know the only thing that is keeping me quiet is my child. I have prayed every prayer I know just to have my baby with me but I guess I have to make do with what I have" She said sadly.
"Oh common! Don't let that bother you okay. I know all will be well." Bukky said even though she was not sure about all being well.

Osas had walked out of her life like she was a piece of trash, he left her feeling she never meant anything to him. She felt like a fool and it hurt to see the man you love flaunting another girl in front of you. She heard of his new girl and couldn't believe he had gotten over her in such a short while. It turns out life has played a cruel joke on her but she was not laughing at all. She wished her friend could find a good man to marry her and help take back her daughter from that beast…

They waved Iye good bye until she was out if sight.
Iye stepped out of the taxi that drove her to the two bedroom flat. She walked to the balcony where she met his neighbor…" Good afternoon ma." Iye greeted the woman.
"Welcome my dear, you come see your princess abi?"
"Yes ma, today is her birthday. I didn't come last month and I waited for today to surprise her. Let me go and see my baby." She said excitedly walking towards the door.
"Em... My dear wait." The woman called and Iye stopped in her tracks.
"Yes ma, you called me. It's like they are not even at home now." She said eyeing the padlock on the door with a dampened spirit. She had hoped that she would meet them at home or at least, to meet her not him. They always had issues to discuss whenever she came around and she was not ready for that now. All she wanted was to have great fun with her daughter.
"Baba Angel been know say you dey come before?" The woman asked in pidgin English.
"Yes now, he knows this is my day of visitation." She said wondering why she should be questioned. "Hope all is well ma."                                                     " My dear, talk dey. Make you no just spoil body you hear." The woman explained.
"Ma please, don't be silent. If you have anything to say to me please do." She said with quivering lips. A sudden fear had come on her as she tried to imagine the worst and what will happen if she loses her daughter.
"OK then, the thing be say your oga don carry Angel travel."
Iye started to shake her head. "Angel! Travelled? To where? He never mentioned that they would be travelling and oh my God! "She scratched her head in confusion. " My baby had better be okay if not, he will see the worst part of me." She said shaking in fury. The older woman just looked at her as if she was merely watching a movie.
"Em...please ma, do you have an idea of where they went?" She asked after several attempts to call his number.
"Na one madam place o. E be like say Angel go dey live for there now. The madam get money well well and so them been dey find person wey go dey stay with them as e be say all them children no dey inside we country again." She explained feeling no remorse. She assumed Iye was pretending not to know the truth.
"So my daughter is another woman's house help eh?!"
"Hmm! Na the name wey I been hear be that. You sabi book well well, I even...Aunty you don dey go? Make you look road well o." The woman called after her but she was past caring what happens next as she walked off in anger like a lioness whose cubs had been stolen.
"My baby is now a house help? How could he do this to me? I thought he was capable of taking care of her? Who knows if those people will remember or care if it's her birthday?" She soliloquized.
"Hey lady, get off the road." Someone yelled but she didn't hear until the car screeched with a loud noise and stopped. Her body reacted with shock and she stood still until a passerby yanked her off the road.
"Iye are you okay?"
She turned towards to a familiar voice. "Mark!"

To be continued…

The story continues next Tuesday. Keep a date with us. 


Read older episodes below

Episode 1 2 3

 
Pheobe Omiwole is a motivational speaker and a talented writer who uses her pen and voice to affect the world and the lives of men. She also has a personal blog where she writes really inspiring stuff. Check out her blog on  http://www.pheobeomiwole.WordPress.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment