Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Twists and Turns - Episode 6


Episode 6

Iye could not get over the shock of almost being hit by a car due to her carelessness but what could be worse than seeing Mark in this state? Would she have been hit for real? What if she had died? That would mean no one would be able to save her baby from her insensitive father.
The thought of that was immediately erased by the sound of Mark's voice.
'Iye, are you sure you are fine now? "She noticed the genuine concern in his voice as he led her to his car that was parked under a tree not so far from where the incident happened. She did not want his care, not after how she had treated him.
"Mark, thanks a lot, I think I can find my way from here." She said removing his hand from her shoulder and she almost lost her balance; that was when she knew she was still shaken.
"Iye, if you think I am going to let you wander off on your own in this state then you lie. Did you see what happened on that road? I saw you coming and was not sure it was you and I waited for you to cross the road only to see you walking down like a zombie… Iye, if you want to die, I don't need you dead; your mother does not want you dead either.  Iye, I know we had a very funny and not so pleasant past but it should be me avoiding you not the other way round. Please get into the car let me take you home."
Iye was amazed to see this part of him. She used to intimidate him but it's obvious he had grown up a very strong man. She just stared at him and he sighed deeply in exasperation.
"Okay! Iye see, I am sorry I raised my voice at you, this is not a good place to talk and I know you may not be in the best frame of mind right now but permit me to take you home please."
"Mark I ..."
"Iye please..." He opened the door ushering her in and she gently stepped in when she noticed that many eyes were on them.

After about ten minutes drive, she turned to him and asked: "Why are you doing this?" breaking the ice and Mark took his eyes off the road and flashed her a smile that was intended to make her relax but it actually heightened her discomfort.
" Iye, I am your friend and that is why I am doing this." He focused on the road and left her to her thought.
She remembered their few times together, and how badly she had treated him; she never imagined she would one day be a princess in distress and for the prince charming to be Mark was more than amazing.
Mark…the guy with the nerdy look; well he did not use glasses but he sure liked school better than most guys she knew. He was David's class mate and he had warned her to be careful with him. She had been really rude to him and she winced when she remembered some mean words she had used on him.
Life is cruel - the not so cool baggy-wearing and low class guy has now become the really cool dude helping her. She felt so ashamed of herself, she wish she had been nicer to him. He never asked her out but it was obvious he liked her.
She took advantage of his gentleness and the fact that David (or Dave as she fondly called him) would face anyone that messes with her…well, that was before he got what he wanted.
"Mark, please am sorry for being so rude to you back in the days. I should have listened to you. You have always been a nice guy and all I did was humiliate you in front of my friends and..."
" Can we not discuss that now? It is all in the past now, so it does not count anymore. Please hold on a second, I need to deliver this and I promise to take you straight home." He quickly stepped out of the car to meet the lady across the street holding a baby girl. She didn't know how disappointed she was until tears came down her cheeks. She had hoped she had a chance but of course, she did not deserve him and she was glad he had a beautiful family. She watched him talk fondly with her and play with the baby, and she arranged herself before he got back.
"I am sorry about that, now I have your time." He said smiling but he realized she was not smiling.
" You do have a lovely family. You know, It would have been great if you had introduced me to them, but of course you would not want to introduce a bad person to your family and..."
" Can you please shut up? Jesus! Iye ,where is all this coming from huh?!"
" Oh! I am sorry, I am glad you have a wife and a beautiful baby; I only wish I have my baby girl with me now. You are a very lucky guy Mark; don't joke with your family okay?" She sniffed trying not to allow the grief of not seeing her daughter overwhelm her.
The car came to a screeching halt.
" You have a child!? You are married? Okay... I see. Congratulations. I... I well that was my brother's wife and second child, I am not married okay? But...but you are, wow!"
Iye could see the hurt in his eyes as he stuttered. She was relieved he was not married but what guarantee did she have, they just met after a long time.
"Dave raped me back then and I got pregnant, that was why I left school then. I should have told you, you were really kind but I was ashamed of myself. I had a baby girl and Dave left me be he resurfaced years later and took custody of my baby. I am really sorry Mark" she sobbed.
"So where is she now?" He asked weakly.

To be continued…

The story seems to be taking an interesting twist, isn’t it? Wonder what Iye’s conversation with Mark would lead to…Keep your fingers crossed. The story continues next week Tuesday. Keep a date here and invite your friends and loved ones too.


Read older episodes below

Episode 1 2 3 4 5


Pheobe Omiwole is a motivational speaker and a talented writer who uses her pen and voice to affect the world and the lives of men. She also has a personal blog where she writes really inspiring stuff. Check out her blog on  http://www.pheobeomiwole.WordPress.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment